Understanding that there are many children aged 5 for whom another year may be necessary in order to ensure future academic success, First Step designed the Fun With Fives program. Devised specifically for those children aged 5 that miss the Kindergarten cut-off date or may simply benefit from an extra year to grow, Fun With Fives offers individualized programs for each First Step child.
Continuing to benefit from First Step’s stimulating environment, children grow socially and emotionally. Aided by themed based curriculum, hands on play and creativity, as well as quiet time for reading and resting, children happily learn and discover at their own pace.
Fun With Fives may also be used as a Kindergarten year. Our Fun With Fives Program Highlights Include:
- First Step encourages self-expression in both spoken & written form as Pre-K children become aware of themselves as learners.
- Kindergarten preparation involves developing complex logical patterns, sensory exploration and handwriting practice.
- Teachers’ lesson plans are specifically designed for their individual class rooms to promote cooperative play and collaborative problem-solving.
- Singing, dancing, rhyming, and movement help children develop hand-eye coordination and multi-tasking skills.
- Children are provided with access to computers in order to aid their familiarity and progression to the next technological level
- Enrichment programs, such as monthly authors, cooking, computers, music, etc, are incorporated into daily schedules.