As toddlers make huge developmental strides from first steps to potty-training, First Step supports their progress with a stimulating learning environment. With low child to student ratios in our classrooms and our high reach curriculum, First Step provides hands-on lesson plans and activities that encourage toddlers’ exploration and discovery of the world.
Keeping in mind that routine promotes the consistency toddlers need; days are filled with a balance of play, music, movement and plenty of outdoor climbing, running and jumping as well as down time for quiet learning and rest.
Our Toddler Program Highlights Include:
- Learning stations enhance toddler learning with imaginary and dramatic play, blocks, puzzles, arts and crafts, and lots and lots of books!
- First Step instills confidence in toddlers by encouraging them to practice self-help skills such as hand washing, putting on their coats, etc.
- Understanding that each toddler potty trains at his/her own pace, First Step works together with parents to encourage progress with patience and positive reinforcement.
- Teachers emphasize social growth through circle time with stories and songs incorporated into each day to encourage language skills.
- Gross motor skills are keys to toddler growth and are emphasized with both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Teachers encourage curiosity and learning as they guide toddlers to discover the answers to “Why?” and “Where?”