First Step believes a love of learning is essential to children in order to guide them toward their future academic success. Pre-Kindergarteners are encouraged to explore and discover to their delight while the learning tenets of the program emphasize Kindergarten preparedness and the mastery of gross motor and social skills.
Each school day is balanced with opportunities for independent discovery, cooperative learning and playtime outdoors. Our Pre-K Program Highlights Include:
- First Step encourages self-expression in both spoken & written form as Pre-K children become aware of themselves as learners.
- Kindergarten preparation involves developing complex logical patterns, sensory exploration and handwriting practice.
- Teachers’ lesson plans are specifically designed for their individual class rooms to promote cooperative play and collaborative problem-solving.
- Singing, dancing, rhyming, and movement help children develop hand-eye coordination and multi-tasking skills.
- Children are provided with access to computers in order to aid their familiarity & progression to the next technological level
- Enrichment programs, such as monthly authors, cooking, computers, music, etc, are incorporated into daily schedules.